LinkedIn ProFinder Updates
June 06, 2021
LinkedIn ProFinder Updates
What Is ProFinder?
You may have a LinkedIn account, but have you heard of LinkedIn ProFinder? LinkedIn's ProFinder helps you find professionals who can help you get the job done. If you're looking for a freelancer, this is the place to turn, as LinkedIn offers live experts who can help you find the right person for your needs.
Why Is It Helpful?
ProFinder is a great tool to use since there are over 70,000 freelancers on the platform! It can help you find experts who specialize in certain industries or areas of focus. Even better, it can help YOU get more business, too! By being a ProFinder Pro, people can send you proposals to gain your insight and advice on their situation.
Some of the industries that thrive on ProFinder are as follows:
· Graphic Designers: Think graphics, logos and web design
· Marketers: Social media help, SEO and digital media
· Developers: Web, software and app design
· Other: Accounting, writing, consulting
How Does It Work?
On ProFinder, users list a description of what they're looking for. They'll answer a few prompts describing the services they're looking for. From there, LinkedIn will introduce the user to a list of local experts in their network.
Users can access 5 free proposals in 24 hours. These proposals include a custom message, price quote and the ability to view their profile. From there, the user seeking help can select a freelancer!
How Do I Create a ProFinder Account?
Unfortunately, if you don't have a Pro account, you can no longer apply to be a ProFinder Pro. You can still look for experts to help you accomplish tasks, but LinkedIn Profinder is no longer accepting Pro applications.
What Are The ProFinder Updates?
If you do have a Pro account, it is important for you to go in and update your services page before June 8th in order to keep receiving leads. If you've already created a Service Page, no action is needed. You'll continue to receive ProFinder matches as usual. LinkedIn Service Pages are landing pages meant to highlight your services and businesses at no cost.
To update your LinkedIn Service Page, you will follow the below steps:
1. Click the person icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
2. Click the Open to button.
3. Select Providing services.
4. Click the Continue button after reviewing How it works.
5. Complete the Service Page set up information.
6. Click the Next button.
7. Preview the information that will appear on your Service Page.
8. Click the Make changes button to adjust your Service Page or click the Publish button to make your Service Page viewable by members.
Having Trouble Adding a Services Page?
If you are having trouble finding the "Open to" option with the "providing services" option at the top of your profile, try these steps next:
1. From the LI Service Provider Group page, click the Request to join button.
2. Once you're approved, you should see the Open to button on your profile within 48 hours.
If you're still having trouble seeing the "open to" button after 48 hours, you can contact LinkedIn by clicking HERE!
ProFinder matches will continue to only be available to ProFinder Pros. You must have a Service Page and be a ProFinder Pro to receive matches. If you have a Service Page but are not a ProFinder Pro, you will not be able to receive ProFinder matches.
Do you have more questions on LinkedIn ProFinder? With all these updates, it can be hard to keep up. That's where we come in! Schedule a meeting with one of our social media experts today!
Where Will Social Media Be 1 Year From Now?